Wednesday, December 22, 2010

DEFENDER EXCEPTED


I wouldn’t want to do a 400 mile business trip in it because I don’t have the time. But when the Discovery was ready again I was sad to put the 109 away. By comparison driving the Discovery next day was so bull that I swapped over again.

Admittedly our Discovery 2 is no longer a modern vehicle. The point is current models Defender expected have strayed even further from the fun character and driver involvement of earlier beam axle types. Sure current models are among the world’s best with massive comfort, safety and ability, and they leave beam axle model s looking primitive. But the two are now beyond comparison.
We are no longer dealing with a stretch of Land Rover modern or Land Rover traditional. I’m enthusiastic for both camps, but my passion is in just one. Mind you a racy LRX derivative or the right Defender replacement could easily have me swapping allegiance.

No comments:

Post a Comment