Thursday, December 23, 2010

STANDARD LIFE

Having bought a low mileage 300TDI in unmodified condition, I’ve decided to keep telling myself. The trouble is that like most Land Rover fans. I find it difficult to avoid the bolt on temptation. Let’s face it’s the page of the pretty well filled with adverts from people who have warehouse full of terrific bits and pieces designed to personalize your Land Rover.
I could very easily turn your Discover into a snorting rock crawling off roader. But that would make it a bit uncomfortable for the long road mileages I also need to do.
The idea of v home on wheels expedition style vehicle also appeals. But do I really need a built in gas cocker, kitchen sink and bunks beds in the back when I am trying to squeeze in fishing kit or the weekly shopping. There’s also the little voice in the back of my  head reminding me of the hundreds of very badly modified Land Rovers I’ve seen over the years good vehicles gone bad because their well meaning owners have gone over the top with mods that have turned them into ill handling ugly ducklings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment