Thursday, December 23, 2010

TIMING BELT FOR 300TDI

The Discovery is versatile enough already to meet my requirements. It will perform well off road and its with auto gearbox, is a delight for those motorways miles. Why change?

Well there another little voice telling me that air con would be nice for the summer and that a snorkel would allow me to take it a bit deeper while wading and a few tweaks could get a bit more. Performance from the 300Tdi lump and that’s what temptation all about. Discovery the previous owners told me was pretty sure it had a timing belt replacement at a previous service. Timing belt replacement on 300Tdi engines is a serious business. The early once were prone to failure because of pulley misalignment and even the later once like mine were the fault had already been fixed should be replaced well before the 80,000 miles recommended by Land Rover. I reckon 50,000 miles is a more sensible limit.     

No comments:

Post a Comment