Monday, December 27, 2010

HAND WORK FOR DISCOVERY

So although the engine was and is in rude health, the same couldn’t really be said for the body work. I’m guilty of generally being too lazy to blast the mud away from all those hidden nooks and crannies where rust will start to bite.
As a result, it has started to dubble though in some classic Discovery corrosion hotspots, such as the rear wheel arches and the rear bumper the latter created, of course, by an equally I wonder if they’ve cottoned on yet that flat ledges at the back of cars collect water.
The buckled wing looked a mess but, as it was drive able I never got around to replacing it. Besides, it‘s a well known fact that most Land Rover owners wear their battle scars with pride. But if our Discovery was going to last the course. I had to do something about its shabby appearance. I was happy to tackle the minor rusty bits myself, but I sought professional help to replace the wing.

No comments:

Post a Comment