Friday, December 24, 2010

LAND ROVER 200TDI GEARBOX

I was pleased that some of the scrap had moved, until I’ll spot that I’d filled the space with more parts, working ones, of course. The main one was the LT77 gearbox and transfer box from the Discovery we took the 200Tdi engine out of for series IIA.

I have seen Daihatsu engine One Ten on the road, just in case it can use the higher gears in the Discovery transfer box. Well find out soon with any luck it’ll be on the road by the time this hits the shelves and I’ll be able to put the two boxes, be they One Ten or Discovery units, into the classifieds. At least then they’ll be helping keep another Land Rover on the road for relatively little outlay.
All this is much better than the megabucks that we’re forking out for the all gearbox. Maybe we should just drop it and run Series Land Rovers all the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment