Monday, January 31, 2011

AND FINALLY


The last job I got round to going was fitting a pair of LRX Hi – Force wing top air intakes to complement the front grille and headlight surrounds. Looking like Sydney Opera house from the side, the intakes are more stylish than my old ones and even my friend was impressed. The nearside one feeds the heater, but the offside one goes nowhere. We currently working on a cunning plan to use the old nearside scoop and mount it under the offside unit. Then I’ll run an intake pipe from the scoop into the air filter housing, through the dump valve.
It’ll cause a problem if I go wadding, but as I’ve yet to take the 110 fully underwater and the dump valve is perished, it won’t really be a problem. And for normal driving it will allow the engine to draw air from a combination of places. I’ve just got to get round to doing it and you know how long that will take me….

No comments:

Post a Comment