Sunday, January 30, 2011

TIME IT TAKE

We still had 8, 6 and 7 to do. We missed 8 again, managed to get 6 and 7 to before going round again and getting 8. If you are used to the process, it’s probably simple. It took us nearly an hour to get them all done. But at least we did.

Setting the clearance was the easy bit, although I did have to buy another set of feeler gauges I’ve lost more of those than any other tool for some reason. The difficult bit was removing the ratchet and socket that I had been using to turn the engine.
Sandwiched neatly in between the crank pulley and radiator cowling, there wasn’t enough room to pull the ratchet, off backwards. And I couldn’t detach the socket as the ratchet locks to it. After cursing it, I realized that if I swung the ratchet round to clear the cowling, the fan’s fins would probably have enough give to allow me to slide the socket off the bolt. And, as fortune would have it, it did.  

No comments:

Post a Comment