Friday, January 28, 2011

THE MUD TRAIL


Living on a farm with Land rovers and all manner of agricultural machinery at our disposal, we soon become a friend hand at off road driving. When I was 23, I went out to Safari in the jungle in the work on the sky slopes. One of my jobs was portal from the site in a Series III. I had a scare moment on the mountain roads, but it really got the off road and Land Rover bug biting me. For a decade pursued other interests.
I was really into water sports, but I smashed myself up too much and had to give up. My friend got fed up with me moping around on Sundays so, one day; we popped over to a local Land Rover club trail. That was it the obsession returned. My friend brought Range Rover (downed soon after at an off road site) that was followed by his first 90. It was an old MOD diesel a real dog. We put a roll cage, suspension lift and stuff on it and had fun, but the chassis was rotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment