Thursday, January 27, 2011

THE MOST POPULAR DEFENDER



Defender 90s are good I drive one myself but those who want to go off road will usually fit big mud terrain tyres, with 33x12.5x50R15 the most popular size because it gives flotation on top of the deep peat. Many also go for a suspension lift and steering guards.

Winches are not that popular here because of the lack of trees to anchor to, although I have one fitted. I also carry bridging ladders and a high lift jack. But the basic vehicle is perfect for the condition here   plenty of clearance and, of course, solid bumpers at both ends, which help when you get carried away and hit a ditch a bit hard.

It certainly our choice. Like many of the islanders, off roading is a passion as well as a necessity and me regularly goes forays into the bleak wilderness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment